Friday 6 July 2007

Rose Garden BBQ Shop

Rose Garden Restaurant is one of our all time favourites chinese restaurant in the city. Not only the food is good and cheap, also you can expect polite service at this restaurant, where the staff always have a smile on their faces. This is different from many other chinese restaurants at Chinatown =D Thats y we like it! The restaurant is not very big, quite small actually and it is always packed with customers, especially during lunch/dinner time.

The Restaurant

Fried Rice with Shredded Duck & Preserved Vegetables, $8.50

Me and MM went for lunch at Rose Garden a few days back and we both ordered this fried rice. I always love to order this when I come to this restaurant. It is very fragrant! Just how fried rice should be =)

Love this fried rice


Other dishes I would recommend at this restaurant are Spicy Chicken Ribs on Rice, Spicy Beans with Minced Chicken on Rice, Shredded Pork and Mushroom with Fried Noodles and their roast meats ~ either Roast Duck/Crispy Skin Pork/ BBQ Pork on Rice. I also heard that their Thai Green Curry Chicken on Rice is lovely. I probably will try this next time=)

ANDDDDD......

I went today for takeaway this arvo and this is what I've ordered:

Spicy Beans with Minced Chicken on Rice, $8.50


This dish is very delicious. It is slightly spicy and has enuff wok hei (breath of wok) which makes it very fragrant. yummy...

San

Rose Garden BBQ Shop
435 Elizabeth Street
Melbourne 3000
Phone: (03) 9329 1560

7 comments:

mouse said...

omgwtfbbq I see TAUGEH in your beans and minced meat!!

Guess there's one dish I won't be touching at darling Rose Garden BWAHAHAHA

IronEaters said...

that ONE taugeh is definitely by mistake. Its suppose to be spicy beans with minced chicken on rice. not taugeh (ie bean sprout) with minced chicken on rice...

Anonymous said...

I've had a few good lunches here. A couple of times I've had to line up out the front. Koay Teow was good. What is "taugeh"?

Anonymous said...

taugeh = bean sprouts...that was hokkien (chinese dialect...in case you are not chinese & have no idea what is hokkien :D), also the no. 1 enemy of one of the girls...guess which one? ;)

MM (as I am known on this blog)

IronEaters said...

hi noodle, taugeh is bean sprouts. *Thank MM!* I never tried their char kuey teow there b4,probably giv it a go next time =)

hi MM. *lalala*

Anonymous said...

Believe me when I say that this place serves the best BBQ pork anywhere on the planet. The owner prides himself on the stock that they pour onto the rice when they serve it.

The star anise is the special ingredient I reckon.

Go there and try it......ash

Anonymous said...

I love Rose Garden as well!!

it's less than a 5 minutes walk from where I live and I enjoy the food there very much.

Definitely a good recommendation among students like myself. :)